2010年9月19日 星期日

BEST and WORST

2010-01-01-5


Spyder, Rossignol, Atomic, Whistler-Blackcomb

1) Best skiing trip ever ?
My best skiing trip is for sure in Canada on Whistler and Blackcomb Mountain. There are many courses/trails to ski down. For example, BLACKCOMB GLACIER (from SHOWCASE T-BAR), FLUTE (from SYMPHONY EXPRESS via hiking), PEAK-TO-CREEK(from PEAK EXPRESS) and so on (over 200 trials). Those, 3 trails, impressed me the most. They were awesome because PEAK-TO-CREEK distance is very big almost 12 kilometers long. Once I stood on FLUTE (mountain ridge), I could see all landscapes from near and far, high and low, it was so awesome I was speechless. BLACKCOMB GLACIER is a mountain valley terrain. When you ski down from the glacier, you entre the valley. On your right and left, both are permanently closed areas ( big rocks and cliffs are there). It makes me feel a particular emotion.

2) Worst skiing trip ever ?
I think it was Naebaon(苗場) in Niigata-ken(新潟). Due to it being very hot in Taiwan. So, we decided to take a ski trip in 2008 on December 13 to 21. About 35 people who have the same hobby were very excited to go skiing on Naebaon. Who knew what was to happen? When we were in the hotel, we saw a little snow and a lot of green meadows. Oh boy!! I think we just had 2 km of straight artificial snow on the trail. So, we had no other alternative until the 7th day, On the 7th day it finally started snowing and we were able to ski.

3) Best sport other then skiing ?
Hiking is my favorite sport too. On the mountain trails, I can enjoy nature by listening to the sound of the breeze, seeing sunshine among trees and listening to my breath.

4) Worst sport other then skiing ?
I think there is no worst sport. If you are careful you can try various sports and still be safe.

5) Best way to get over the worst ?
Take a cup of hot chocolate and chat with your friends or people.

6) Worst way to enjoy the best ?
Just stay in the office or indoor.

7) Best thing about skiing ?
The best thing, for sure, is going from my country to another country. I like it because I can meet new people and taste different kinds of food.

8) Worst thing about skiing ?
One year ago, I broke one of my ski bindings on the Naebaon(苗場) Mountain. I felt so bad because I couldn’t ski but my friends could go skiing. I just could go down to the hotel and I had to think about how to fix it.

9) Best thing about a stormy winter day ?
I prefer staying in a room or conference room (with a projector) with three or four friends, We will share ski video of each other and talk about how to improve each others ski skills. Talking about past fun times when we skied on the snow with each other. It is very enjoyable to recollected about past ski experiences.

10) Worst thing about a blue bird day ?
On a blue bird day when I can not ski. Especially on Naebaon Mountain because there are no snow on the trial.

沒有留言: